You'll find more Maxxum trolling motors on the bows of serious fishermen than any other motor on the water. Features responsive cable steering and a lighted, easy-to-see directional indicator. This model is equipped with 80lbs of thrust and a 42" shaft.
One of the most popular choices of serious fishermen, the Maxxum Series of bow-mount trolling motors feature responsive cable steering and a lighted, easy-to-see directional indicator. This model is equipped with 80 pounds of thrust and a 42" shaft.
- Bowguard 360°: Exclusive, patented feature breaks away on impact from any angle, protecting your motor, shaft and boat. Provides uninterrupted fishing as the motor will automatically reset itself. No more leaning over the bow of your boat on your hands and knees wrestling with resetting your motor. Easily detaches for added convenience.
- Maxxum Mount: The strongest bow-mount system in the world. Go for broke without worrying about breaking down. Features Minn Kota's exclusive Bowguard 360°, which breaks away on impact from any angle to protect motor, shaft and boat. Automatically resets itself for uninterrupted fishing. Stowed, the Maxxum Mount won't budge, flex or vibrate.
- Digital Maximizer: Up to five times longer run time on a single charge. Conventional speed coil technology wastes energy by delivering a constant, steady flow of power to the motor--regardless of the speed setting--resulting in wasted energy. Pioneered in 1985, Minn Kota’s innovative Maximizer technology delivers the precise amount of power needed at any setting, along with variable speed control. Advanced, digital microprocessing optimizes draw to extend battery life and reduce damaging heat. Get up to five times longer run time on a single charge.
- Cable Steer Foot Pedal: Puts you in complete control. Easy to use and ergonomically designed for all-day comfort. Heel/toe action provides reliable, responsive cable steering control. Available on foot control models.
- Weedless Wedge 2 Prop: The latest generation of this legendary Roland Martin design features swept-back and flared blades to "wedge" weeds away. Pass through the thick stuff at any speed without battery-draining chopping and hacking.
- Tilt Twist Tiller: Puts natural outboard convenience in the palm of your hand. Quick access. Instant response. Multi-position handle. Available on hand control models.
- Lighted Directional Indicator: Illuminated arrow is easy to see in all light conditions. Available on select models.
- Indestructible Composite Shaft: The ultra high-yield composite material has been tested to be three times the strength of steel. Virtually indestructible, it flexes on impact and then returns to its original position. Unlike steel, will not kink, break, rust, or corrode.
- Cool, Quiet Power: Nothing runs cooler or more quietly than Minn Kota. Extra large windings and commutators are used to dissipate heat, resulting in cooler operation, extended battery power and longer motor life. A unique bearing system produces low RPMs/high torque to cut down on fish-spooking noise--so quiet they'll never hear you coming.
Minn Kota's Digital Maximizer technology supports up to five times longer run time on a single charge.
All Maxxum bow-mount trolling motors feature Minn Kota’s three-year warranty.
About Minn Kota
Minn Kota is the oldest manufacturer of electric fishing motors in the world with nearly 70 years of hard-earned experience in the lab and on the water. Throughout their history, Minn Kota has led the way in product innovation and cutting-edge technology. The Minn Kota electric trolling motor began its life in 1934 in Fargo, North Dakota. Mr. O. G. Schmidt, inventor of the trolling motor, was known to be a man of many diverse ideas. Prior to the trolling motor, Mr. Schmidt invented, produced and sold a copper soldering torch from his home in Wheatland, North Dakota. Due to its success, manufacturing operations were then moved to Fargo. Because of its proximity to the MINNesota-North DaKOTA border, Mr. Schmidt named the business The Minn Kota Manufacturing Company.
- Minn-Kota trolling motor, Owners manual, Warranty card
- Responsive cable steering
- Maximizer gives up to five times longer run time on a charge
- Bowgaurd 360 mount breaks away at any angle and automatically resets